|BEAUTY TIPS AND ADVICE|
10 Important Sunless Tanning Safety Tips
If you are a sunless tanner, your skin's health is very important to you. Here are some tips for you to review at your leisure and share with your friends and family. After you have read them, return once in awhile for a refresher so that you will keep safety foremost and always in your sunless tanning program.
1. Shaving - Avoid shaving right before applying sunless tanning products to avoid irritation.
2. Lighten up - For areas you want to protect from getting too dark, pre-apply baby oil, gel or lotion to places like your knees and elbows, then use sunless tanner.
3. Streaking - Getting wet too soon after applying sunless tanning products could result in streaks. So wait after applications, at least two hours or so, before swimming, showering or bathing.
4. Orange -To avoid orange hands when applying products, cheap, disposable gloves from a dime or wholesale store are great to use. Regardless of glove wearing, thoroughly wash hands and fingernails after application.
5. Expunge - Eliminate dead skin via washing or exfoliating before applying sunless tanning products.
6. Special Areas - When using self-tanning products with your knees, feet, hands and elbows, either dilute first with a moisturizing lotion or use very small amounts when gently rubbing in. Rubbing with a make-up sponge applicator works well for these areas, too.
7. How-to-Apply - To apply sunless tanning products, begin working on a small area. Gently, in an even manner, rub in the product generously. Reach out to other areas in a swirling, but still gentle and even rub, rather than going in an up-and-down direction. To reach your back, try using a sponge paint roller or sponge paintbrush; a little goes a long way, so slow and steady does it.
8. Fabric Stains - Be careful when using sunless tanning agents that list padimate O, lisadimate, aminobenzoic acid or roxadimate in the ingredients. These may cause discoloration, staining fabrics a yellowish hue.
9. Inside / Outside - Remember that when you use sunless or self- tanning products, if they list no sunscreen in their ingredients, you will not be protected from harmful UV rays. And even if you are using a sunscreen, it does not last or work beyond a few hours. So take caution running in and out, and be prepared. Either carry along more sunscreen product to reapply or wear, and carry or take protective clothing and gear.
10. Eyewear - For those enjoying a lot of outdoor weather, check into investing in good protective eyewear. Read labels for 100% UV protection. Check with a pharmacist or healthcare provider for help selecting appropriate levels for children and yourself.
By carefully considering these sunless tanning tips, you can help ensure you safely keep that wonderful glow all year long and enjoy the sizzle without the sun!
James B. Allen is the publisher of Power Living Press. He invites you to come learn more about living a healthier, wealthier, more beautiful and more powerful life TODAY by visiting:
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Kim Kardashian is only looking for women to model her makeup — but one male beauty blogger thinks that's a huge ... - INSIDER
Glam Diary: Meet The Beauty Aficionado Who Considers Her Makeup and Beauty Routine Therapy - Essence.com
Nicole Richie tells us her beauty resolution for 2018 and the products on her holiday wish list - HelloGiggles
Coming Clean: The Truth About Soap
What Is Soap?Soap is the oldest cleanser around. It is created by a chemical reaction between oils, water and lye.
What You Need To Know About Tanning Beds
Tanning beds and sun lamps provide the ultimate in relaxation and beauty! No more worries about the weather, how crowded the beach is, and if you've got enough time to soak up those rays. You can get that perfect tan when ever it's convenient for you, morning, noon, or night.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer many advantages over traditional tooth replacement procedures. Gone are the days when patients were forced to simply wear unsightly or uncomfortable caps, crowns or dentures.
Color Contacts: Fashionable, Dramatic and HOT!
"A great way to give you a subtle or dramatic change is with colored contact lenses. Manufacturers currently make a wide range of different color contacts in both prescription and non-prescription form with colors available to make your eyes sizzle!" There are four types of colored contact lenses; visibility tints, enhancement tints, opaque color tints and light filtering tints, each offering something a bit different.
Importance of Skin Care: Ever Wondered Just What Exactly Our Skin Does?
The following article provides some insight into why good skin care is important and suggests a simple skin care regime anyone can follow to help your skin perform at its best.Our skin's functions are too many to go through here in detail, however it protects our 'insides' from the external environment, acting both as a barrier and a filter between 'outside' and 'inside' our bodies.
Holiday Hair Style: How to Look Perfect in Summer
Keeping your holiday hair style under control isn't just about keeping your expensive up-do from falling down while you're dancing. It's about healthy-looking hair during those wet, hot, and sticky months of summer, whether at home or on vacation.
Cosmetic Chin Surgery - The Final Facial Touch
When either cosmetic or plastic surgery are mentioned to us, our thoughts run immediately to breast implants or liposuction, but there are many other procedures available that although they might not receive the same attention of their more obvious counterparts can have a huge impact upon both the appearance and the self confidence of a patient. One of these unsung heroes is cosmetic chin surgery, which can exert a profound effect that belies the ease with which it can be performed.
How You Can Use Your Kitchen to Develop an All Natural Skin Care Regimen
Today when we want to try out a skin care product, we immediately think of 'which one will I buy'. It wasn't that long ago when the only option available was to make your own skin care treatments.
Generally, chemical peels can be arranged into three categories of light, medium and deep. Light peels are used to help dry skin, acne, liver spots, sun spots, diminish fine facial wrinkles and pore size and improve overall skin texture.
Catty Eyes Are The Statement This Season!
It's a catty kind of season with dramatic cat eyes entering this season front and center. If you've check the catwalk, no pun intended, this season -catty is certainly in.
Deep Vein Thrombosis...an In Flight Risk
DVT?an in flight riskby Cathy Gatson Planning to do some long distance traveling this summer be it train, plane or automobile?here is some important information to pack with you to avoid this trip from being your last leg. WHAT IS IT?DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis is a blood clot that develops in the deep vein of the leg.
Pierced Ear Problems and Solutions
The practice of ear piercing dates back to thousands of years ago. From jungle tribes to desert nomads to royalty, pierced ears were indicators of both beauty and social standing.
Tips on Using a Hair Iron
The hair iron is coming more and more popular. It is used by women of all ages and for various purposes.
Aging Gracefully: Skin Care in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Beyond
How to keep your skin looking great!Invest some time and care!Everyone wants to have younger looking skin. Unfortunately, even the most expensive skin care products, with all their claims of 'reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles', can't turn back the years.
Manicure at Home
Required items to perform manicure:Bowl with warm soapy waterscrub lotionpetroleum jelly or any other moisturizing lotioncuticle pusherFavorite nail polish and clear polishNail polish remover (if your nails have color)clean white towelSteps to a manicure:Before starting make sure you remove your nail polish and have all the required items mentioned above. Also remove any jewelry on fingers.
Top 10 Tips for Great Wedding Day Hair
These tips assume that you are going to be using your regular hairdresser to plan your style and on your wedding day. However if you plan to style your hair yourself, you can easily follow the same timetable and I have added some extra tips for you.
Plastic Surgery: Rhinoplasty / Nose Job Information
What is a Rhinoplasty?Rhinoplasty is a very common procedure which aims to change the appearance of the nose to make it more harmonious on the face. The surgery can thin, turn up, augment, shorten or lengthen, and essentially change the shape of the nose.
Personal Care Products Can Lead To Cancer
Our skin is a two way membrane. During perspiration toxins are eliminated from our body through it.
New Sources of Hyaluronic Acid Provide Hope for Increased Availability
Recent research into the purification of Hyaluronic acid (HA) from the vitreous humor of fish has shown great promise. This method is highly efficient and easier than derivation from rooster combs and other traditional sources of HA.
Do You Read Labels?
The first ingredient of any product is what makes up the majority of that product. For example if the first ingredient of your cleanser is water, than the majority of your cleanser is nothing but water.
|home | site map|